TOWN OF SEDGWICK
March 11, 2010
Selectmen present: Nelson Grindal, Colby Pert, Victor Smith
Also present: David & Jan Anderson, Arthur Anderson, Road Commissioner Paul Carter, Reporter Bette Britt, former selectman Bill Jagger, Clerk/treasurer Cindy Reilly, Assistant Barbara Grindle.
1) Read and accepted the minutes of the last meeting.
2) Signed the treasurer’s warrant for $16,502.78.
3) Welcomed new selectman Colby Pert. Former selectman Bill Jagger went over some of the changes that have been made since Colby left the office about 6 years ago.
4) Arthur Anderson had questions about his taxes and also his son’s taxes. The selectmen will check into the matter.
5) Road commissioner discussed the roads and will set a priority list for work to be done. He was asked and agreed to survey each road and make a written assessment of what needs to be done and set a priority list. He also has been given papers to describe the work done to each road so we will have a record of what has been done to each road and when it got done. This will help when we have to make out papers not only for FEMA and MEMA but if we should apply for grant money for road work also.
6) There has been another complaint about Robert Gray’s propane distribution area on Rt 15. The Code Enforcement Officer will be asked to check into this problem.
7) Selectmen will be discussing foreclosures that have been going on for years with no effort being made to pay taxes.
8) Signed three homestead exemptions and one veterans exemption.
9) Discussed the method of discontinuing certain roads for winter maintenance. Also trying to decide which roads do not need to be kept open during the winter.
The meeting was adjourned at 8 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman