TOWN OF SEDGWICK
December 1, 2011
Selectmen present: Neil Davis, Colby Pert, Victor Smith
Also present: CEO Duane Ford, Tax Collector Belinda Pert, Assistant Barbara Grindle, 3 members of the Local Food Ordinance Committee.
1) Minutes of the last meeting read and accepted.
2) Signed Treasurer’s warrant for $167,710.52; $134,496.26 for education, $20,400 for Paul Carter’s 1st payment on the snow contract, and $5,421.87 for salaries of town officers.
3) Members of the food ordinance discussed options with the selectmen. They will set up a committee to keep the town officers in touch with what they are doing to combat the “Farmer Brown” court case. They were told that it is going to take more than just 4-5 towns to fight the legal battle. The town ordinances do not supersede the state and federal laws. There will be a forum in Bangor on December 17.
4) The food ordinance committee will have an organizing meeting at the town office Thursday, Dec. 8 at 4:30 pm. They hope to be working on a letter to encourage others to keep moving the ordinance forward.
5) CEO reported that there has been blasting and digging on the cell tower location on Caterpillar Hill. The performance bond has not been posted with the town, so the CEO has been given permission to put a stop work order on the project if the bond is still not posted. The vote to give the CEO authority to do what he felt was necessary was 3-0.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman