TOWN OF SEDGWICK
PLANNING BOARD MEETING
January 12, 2010
Board members present: Palmer Little, Chairman, John Allen, David Webb, Michael Rossney, Sylvia Wardwell.
Others present: Sergei Breus, Bill & Marcia DeWitt, Foster & Linda Blake, Jonathan & Jane Thomas from the Packet, 1st Selectman Nelson Grindal, Assistant to the Selectmen Barbara Grindle, CEO Duane Ford.
Chairman Little brought the meeting to order at 7 pm.
1) Map 6, lot 61-4. Breus wishes to sell one lot of his Horseshoe Shores SubDivision to the adjoining abutters, so they can divide it and put their halves into conservation. He was told to submit a formal application and update his maps, amending the subdivision plan to three lots instead of 4.
2) Map 5, lot 85. Foster Blake wishes to add a 15’ x 50’ building to the north side of his existing shingle/clapboard mill. The application was signed and approved and the permit given. He paid $5 for the building notification form and will drop off a check for the permit fee.
3) The public hearing for the changes in the Shoreland Zoning map was held. There were no members of the public present. The Planning Board, the CEO, and the Selectman discussed natural resource protection issues to see if there were any to be added to the map. There are very few changes to the current map, and they will have a copy at town meeting to be viewed by the public. The townspeople will have to vote to accept the map at town meeting. It was made clear that they may add wetlands to the map, but may not eliminate any that already marked.
4) Selectman Grindal reported on the wind tower project presented by Peninsula Power. The grant has been approved by UMO for the test tower, and the landowner has presented a draft of a land lease agreement. The selectmen will sign with UMO for the grant, but they do not want to be liable to the landowner. They would prefer that UMO accept that liability since they will be doing the raising and maintaining of the test tower. A copy of the land lease agreement was given to Packet reporter Jon Thomas.
5) CEO reported on several things that he is involved in at the moment.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 pm.
Barbara Grindle, Assistant to the Selectmen