TOWN OF SEDGWICK
September 10, 2009
The meeting was brought to order by 1st Selectman Nelson Grindal at 6:30 pm. Present were selectmen Nelson Grindal, Bill Jagger, and Victor Smith. Also present were Assistant Barbara Grindle and Packet reporter Faith DeAmbrose.
1) Minutes of the last meeting were read and approved.
2) Renting or buying equipment for tarring the roads with joint towns was discussed. Road Commissioner Carter will be checking prices. Selectman Grindal will be checking with other towns to see if they are interested in such a program.
3) Selectman Victor Smith will be looking into land acquisition on Old Ferry Road.
4) He will also be in to take photos of the Town Office in preparation for a grant application.
5) Next week the selectmen will be making appointments for one seat on the Planning Board and one or two seats on the Board of Appeals.
6) Pat Blake came in to request a Proclamation from the Selectmen for Constitution Week which is the week of September 13. Barbara also has one signed by Selectman Grindal. The Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) promote the celebration of Constitution Week which has been proclaimed a time to learn and honor our Constitution.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman