Selectmen’s Minutes, September 30, 2010
TOWN OF SEDGWICK
September 30, 2010
Selectmen present: Nelson Grindal, Colby Pert
Also present: Several residents of Covenant Way, Packet reporter Bette Britt, Tax Collector Belinda Pert, Assistant Barbara Grindle
1) Minutes of the last meeting read and approved.
2) Reported that more extensive permits are needed for the Walker Pond roadway. Tree cutting may be done, but soil may not be disturbed. Engineer McCullough will see to the additional permit. This was due to the fact that DEP does not consider the Condon Trust road to the shore which the town is accessing and rebuilding to be a road.
3) Bidding for cutting trees to the shore of Walker Pond has been extended due to an error in the advertisement in the Packet. Selectmen from both towns were contacts for the bids. Bids now need to be in by Oct. 13. They will be opened at the meeting of the two boards of selectmen on that date.
4) 800 fish from 12 to 16 inches long will be stocked in the Pond shortly.
5) The monthly meeting of the Boards of Selectmen of Sedgwick and Brooksville will be held Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 9 am.
6) Tax Collector and Assistant requested that snow plowing and shoveling at the Town Office be done before 9:30 am when the Tax Collector gets to work. Also requested some winterization chores be done soon.
7) Several residents were in to discuss issues on Covenant Way with the selectmen.
8) Town Clerk/Treasurer Cindy Reilly is on vacation from 9/30 – 10/11. For Hunting licenses: Eggemoggin Country Store or Tax Collector during her hours
Mooring permits: Leave message at Town Office (359-2275) or 326-9012
Birth, marriage or death records:Augusta 287-3181 or town where event occurred
Absentee ballots: get application from Town Office or go to www.maine.gov/sos/cec.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:55 pm.
Barbara Grindle, Assistant to the Selectmen