Selectmen’s Minutes, October 18, 2012
TOWN OF SEDGWICK
October 18, 2012
Selectmen present: Neil Davis, Colby Pert, Victor Smith
Also present: Fred Marston, Duane Ford, Nelson Grindal, Packet reporter Bette Britt, Road Commissioner Paul Carter, CEO Edward Michaels, Treasurer Cindy Reilly, Assistant Barbara Grindle
1) Read and approved the minutes of the last meeting.
2) Signed the treasurer’s warrant for $62,036.98; $56,470.39 was for school expenses.
3) CEO Michaels gave a report upon visiting the Camp Four Winds site with the two lawyers and the contractor for the Pattens.
4) Marston continues in his desire for the town to stick to the court’s decision and set the two bunkhouses back 100 feet from the water’s edge. Grindal says that the selectmen should have a definite plan to work with and stick with it.
5) The Road Commissioner was given the go-ahead to put the needed culvert on Harding’s Lane.
6) Smith made a motion for the CEO to contact attorney Durward Parkinson to see if he would represent the Town in the 4 Winds/Patten case. The motion was seconded and the vote was 3-0 in favor. Attorney Patterson will continue to represent the Town in all other matters, but it was considered that a person with expertise in Shoreland Zoning would benefit the town in the Patten case.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:15 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman