TOWN OF SEDGWICK
October 28, 2010
Selectmen present: Nelson Grindal, Colby Pert, Victor Smith
Also present: Fire Chief David Carter, Eric Allen, Wayne Allen, Lee Patten, Treasurer Cindy Reilly, Tax Collector Belinda Pert, Assistant Barbara Grindle
1) Minutes of the last meeting read and accepted.
2) Signed Treasurer’s warrant for $184,495.13; $120,658.29 was for school expenses, $23,328.00 for charitable contributions voted at Town Meeting, $27,989.73 for the final payment on the Sargentville fire substation.
3) Allen brought the deed proposal for the Carter land on Salt Pond. The motion was made and seconded to swap the land evenly and split the deed and survey costs. Vote was 2-1 (Grindal).
4) Treasurer will order supplies for the Town Office.
5) One taxpayer paid his taxes according to the agreement in his contract.
6) An email from the town lawyer indicated that the mortgage to the land on Walker Pond has not been recorded as released. Assistant to check files regarding the mortgage.
7) The First Baptist Church of Sedgwick is being transferred to the Sedgwick Brooklin Historical Society. As a part of the Historical property, it and the parsonage will be exempt from taxes. It was voted to abate the taxes for the six months that it has been part of the Society if they have not been paid.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman