TOWN OF SEDGWICK
March 22, 2012
Selectmen present: Neil Davis, Colby Pert, Victor Smith
Also present: Treasurer Cindy Reilly, Tax Collector Belinda Pert, Assistant Barbara Grindle, Nelson Grindal, Steve Tobey, Reporter Bette Britt.
1) Read and approved the minutes of the last meeting.
2) Signed the treasurer’s warrant for $88,263.79; $61,205.85 for education, $23,900 for second payment on Walker Pond road, phase II, and $538.20 for 911 dispatch quarterly dues.
3) Selectmen have received the resignation of Jim Wood, alternate on the Planning Board. There are now three vacancies on the board.
4) Victor Smith was sworn into his office as third selectman by Town Clerk Cindy Reilly.
5) Smith has arranged a meeting with Greg Burr for 2 pm Tuesday to review fish stocking in the access at the Mill Pond and Walker Pond.
6) Voted 3-0 to enter executive session to discuss a legal matter. No action was taken.
7) Voted 3-0 to purchase a computer for the first selectman.
8) Signed the contract for Roger Picard, Pavement Management consultant.
9) Grindal reported that he has gotten an estimate on the Ott /Silvermine access right –of-way and also the Mill Pond access. He also reported that utility poles are in the process of being relocated at the Salt Pond and Walker Pond accesses.
10) Moved and seconded and voted to have Allen-Bowden survey the Byard’s Point access and approved the retainer for the survey.
11) Pert responded to DOT’s request for a priority list for road work on state roads. First: paving on Route 172, the Ridge Road and Route 175. Route 172 needs rebuilding, but repaving would help temporarily. It has been over 12 years since anything has been done on these roads.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:20 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd selectman