Selectmen’s Minutes, March 17, 2022

March 17, 2022

Opened the meeting and declared a quorum present. Selectmen present: Ben Astbury, Colby Pert, Michael Sheahan. Also present: CEO Duane Ford, Assistant Barbara Grindle, Clerk/treasurer Cindy Reilly, Susan Ford (by phone, Jerry Wetterskog, Jeffrey Roth).

There being no errors or omissions in the records of the last meeting, moved, seconded and voted to accept them as written.

Reviewed and signed the treasurer’s warrant for $196071.77: education $191391.97; snow $1024; fire protection $1,039.28; town office $1260; administration $289.63; clearing:m/v $1066.05.

CEO REPORT: A question regarding a culvert on Rt 15 should go to DOT, not the town; a driveway is going in on Dan’s Lane; the company designated to work by Borrego is concerned about permits, will send them copies and will continue to follow up with them; a lot of concerns on Black’s Pond: the recent sale to an adjacent camp owner, buildings, and docks and Walker Pond concerns also: building appropriate distances from marshlands (250’), tree cutting and new owners with building plans.
Keeping busy. Need to put changes to the Shoreland Ordinance in the Town Report. .

DISCUSSION ITEMS: 1) Budget and Warrant Article Workshop – Worked on warrant articles and the municipal budget. Still need figures for the Transfer Station, and want to check balances on a few accounts. Will meet with the Budget Committee next week to finalize the budget.
2) Any Unresolved Business/Updates – None
Welcomed Colby to the Board and caught him up to date on some working issues.

ACTION ITEMS: None except the budget.

ASSISTANT’S REPORT: Had a complaint about the recycling yard on Sedgwick Ridge Road. Ask CEO to check with the state inspector.


ADJOURN: There being no more business, moved, seconded and voted 3-0 to adjourn the meeting at 7:22 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,
Barbara Grindle, Assistant