TOWN OF SEDGWICK
July 29, 2010
Selectmen present: Nelson Grindal, Colby Pert, Victor Smith
Also present: Paul Trowbridge, Mrs. Mary Aro, Mrs Kathleen Aro, Assistant Barbara Grindle, Packet reporter Bette Britt, Alfred Clough.
1) Read and approved minutes of the last meeting.
2) Signed Treasurer’s warrant for $5,402.38.
3) Trowbridge was in to get information on properties surrounding the proposed anemometer tower. He left the meeting to meet with the Planning Board chairman to get the information he needed to present an application to the planning board, returning to get the application for a site plan.
4) Discussed a letter from Attorney Patterson.
5) Sent a letter to a taxpayer for a meeting next week.
6) The Aro’s discussed their property lines on the Green’s Landing road. This is adjacent to the Ferry Landing Access. They wish to know what plans are regarding the landing and were told that plans were about completed. They had a question about a boundary marker which the town will locate for them and mark the boundaries with boulders. They also asked about a reassessment of the property and some reimbursement for the survey costs involved with marking the boundaries of the access. The selectmen will refer the reassessment to the assessor and discuss the reimbursement when the marker is found.
7) There has been one estimate received for clearing the road to Walker Pond. Brooksville selectman Darrell Fowler is collecting estimates and a decision will be discussed at the meeting of the Walker Pond Access committee when they meet on Wed., Aug. 11 at 9 am at the Brooksville Town Office.
8) The rent paid by the group that meets at the office Sunday mornings has been approved.
9) Clough asked the selectmen about a health situation on adjacent property. The health officer will check into the matter.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman