Selectmen’s Minutes, July 23, 2011
TOWN OF SEDGWICK
July 23, 2011
Selectmen present: Neil Davis, Colby Pert, Victor Smith
Also present: Fire Chief David Carter, Treasurer Cindy Reilly, Assistant Barbara Grindle, Nelson Grindal.
1) Read and approved the minutes of the last meeting.
2) Signed Treasurer’s warrant for $47,514.30; of which $38,540.98 was for education.
3) TJW Field and Forest has finished the clearing for the Walker Pond road and M.E. Astbury & Son have started building the road. The state has given permission for large stones dug up in the roadway be moved to the lower side of the road for a barrier. The road will be moved slightly around some ledges that are in the road.
4) Grindal has talked with landowners around the public access on Silvermine Road. They have no problem with the access location.
5) The owner of the road to the Mill Pond in Sargentville is willing to give the town a deeded right-of-way. Grindal will follow up on this.
6) Carter was in with copies of the fire department bills. Voted 3-0 to pay them. He also reported that several 911 signs need to be repaired and still more need to be replaced. The selectmen authorized him to get the signs and install them where needed.
7) There was a question about the Jane Harwood property which is in tree growth. The state has been renting part of the property while they have been working on the bridge.
8) There was also a question about a new building on the Herrick Road. Need to check on building notification papers and with the assessors to see if it has been assessed.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:05 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman