https://sedgwickmaine.org/2016/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sedgwick-logo-2.png 0 0 town https://sedgwickmaine.org/2016/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sedgwick-logo-2.png town2013-07-19 14:20:282015-11-02 15:43:05Selectmen’s Minutes, July 11, 2013
TOWN OF SEDGWICK
July 11, 2013
Selectmen present: Neil Davis, Nelson Grindal, Victor Smith
Also present: Arthur Anderson, Dr. George Wilgram, Tax Collector Belinda Pert, Treasurer Cindy Reilly, Assistant Barbara Grindle.
1) Read and approved the minutes of the last meeting.
2) Signed the treasurer’s warrant for $75,512.11; $54,483.68 was for education, $4,694.04 for first of the year supplies for the town office, $5,901 for MMA insurance, and $878.24 for legal advice from the town lawyer.
3) Anderson received a building notification permit for his new garage. He also discussed his old house taxes with the selectmen.
4) Dr. Wilgram pointed out a typographical error in the town report regarding the Walker Pond account disbursements. M.E. Astbury was not paid $758,220.75 for road work done in the fiscal year 2012-13. He was actually paid $58,575.25. The total expenses for the Walker Pond disbursements account was $125,156.36. Selectmen’s Assistant apologizes for the error. Dr. Wilgram also discussed the problem he has with jet skis on Walker Pond.
5) Phil McCarthy, a resident of Carter Point, is claiming ownership of that road and is attempting to have the road surface removed. This is a town road, maintained and repaired by the town, and leads to a public access owned by the town.
6) Davis will call the road commissioner to have brush and water damage fixed on several town roads.
7) Approved the quote for bulkhead doors at the town office. Motion was made to have Coastal Services install v-match pine doors. Voted 2-0-1 (Grindal abstained).
8) Assistant reminded selectmen that 2014 will be the 225th anniversary of the Town of Sedgwick.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:30 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman