TOWN OF SEDGWICK
February 7, 2013
Selectmen present: Neil Davis, Colby Pert, Victor Smith
Also present: Fire Chief David Carter, CEO Edward Michaels, Packet reporter Bette Britt, Tax Collector Belinda Pert, Treasurer Cindy Reilly, Assistant Barbara Grindle
1) Read and approved the minutes of the last meeting.
2) Signed the Treasurer’s warrant for $153,788.05; $144,165.17 of which was for the school.
3) One applicant for a concealed weapons permit.
4) Chief Carter had questions about the new wireless ordinance regarding safety connections for the fire department and other public services.
5) Held the Public Hearing at 7:05 pm for the liquor option referendum. There were four members of the public present. The meeting was closed at 7:35 pm.
6) Davis discussed the information he has gotten from Time Warner about internet access. He needs several businesses to schedule meetings with the representatives to see if there is a need for it within 1500 feet of the Rt 15 line. Individual access is only by satellite at the present time.
7) The selectmen modified the Telecommunications Ordinance in Section 9, A. 2. removing the words “and approved” twice from the paragraph. The vote to do so was 3-0.
8) Reviewed the warrant articles for the Town Report. The school articles are still not available.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:07 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman