TOWN OF SEDGWICK
December 29, 2011
Selectmen present: Neil Davis, Colby Pert, Victor Smith
Also present: Tax Collector Belinda Pert, Assistant Barbara Grindle
1) Read and accepted the minutes of the last meeting.
2) Signed the treasurer’s warrant for $106,490.41; school expenses were $82,773.97, snow contractor’s payroll – Paul Carter $10,000, Webb Excavating $11,428.58 (contract price divided into monthly payments), and Hancock County RCC quarterly payment of $538.20.
3) Prospective resident asking about status of southerly end of North Cross Road. A portion of the road has been discontinued for maintenance. It is still a town right-of-way; the landowner may upgrade the road, but it would still be a public right-of-way. Selectmen would need to get legal advice on the liability and responsibilities of the town if the road was passable. The road would not need to be fixed as far as the bridge, so it still would not be a through road to the Old County Rd.
4) Davis will contact Andrew McCullough regarding the contract for M. E. Astbury to finish the Walker Pond Access Road.
5) The Budget Committee will meet on January 5 at the Town Office.
6) If anyone serving on a town committee wishes to take a class regarding his committee, the town has a schedule of classes given by MMA. The town will pay any class fee.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd selectman