Selectmen’s Minutes, Dec. 3, 2009
TOWN OF SEDGWICK
December 3, 2009
The selectmen’s meeting opened at 6:30 pm. Present were Selectmen Grindal, Jagger, and Smith. Also present Road Commissioner Paul Carter, Clerk/Treasurer Cindy Reilly, and Assistant Barbara Grindle.
1) Read and approved the minutes of the last meeting.
2) Stone from a quarry in Brooksville has been donated for the Town Landing road at Walker Pond.
3) Letter from the Small Animal Clinic about what it costs for each animal brought in to their office. A fee of $42 per dog and $32 per cat will be charged for each stray animal; $17 per day per dog and $11 per day per cat will be charged for each animal abandoned or surrendered. If the animal is euthanized and cremated the town must pay those fees also. The Animal Control Officer for the town is Debbie Ciomei, phone 359-5556.
4) Carter was in with the new laws on culverts and the way they are put in. He discussed road pruning and ditching issues.
5) Andrew McCullough, engineer for the Walker Pond project, has applied for a grant from the Maine Department of Conservation for the Landing.
6) Signed the Treasurer’s Warrant for $21,862.87.
7) Discussion on delinquent taxes. Foreclosure notices have been sent out by the Treasurer.
8) The wind tower project was discussed. Mr. Gianninato wishes to have a lease or contract for the land on which the tower will be located so that he is covered from any damages, etc. that might occur while the tower is there.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:30 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman