TOWN OF SEDGWICK
July 7, 2011
Selectmen present: Neil Davis, Colby Pert, Victor Smith
Also present: Road Commissioner Paul Carter, Treasurer Cindy Reilly, Assistant Barbara Grindle, Aaron Grindal
1) Minutes of the last meeting read and accepted.
2) Signed the treasurer’s warrant for $93,382.37; $79,063.93 was for the school.
3) Grindal brought in the estimate for the ceiling in the selectmen’s office, $6,968.44. It would be another $300 to do the other office. The selectmen voted to do both sides with a reflective barrier added.
4) Motion made and voted 3-0 to have the 1st selectman (Davis) sign the Walker Pond road contract with M.E. Astbury for the town of Sedgwick. He will contact John Gray to have him sign the contract for the town of Brooksville.
5) The road commissioner had a question about the base amount of 200 yards of sand being kept at the sand pile. He was told that if residents need sand and take it from that amount, he doesn’t need to replace it.
6) Davis will check on getting fuel prices for the diesel trucks locally. The price was $4.09 when the contracts were signed. If the prices got up substantially the selectmen will negotiate prices of fuel and steel with the contractors. Road commissioner will get prices on plow steel to see if it is viable to buy a 4 year supply now rather than each year for the 4 years of the contract.
7) Pert will check with Bruce Mattson again to see if the state will install signs at the Billings Cove driveway. Vegetation has been cleared away, but the entrance is still dangerous especially coming from the Deer Isle direction.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 6:45 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman