TOWN OF SEDGWICK
PLANNING BOARD MEETING
March 13, 2012
Planning Board present: Palmer Little, Chairman, Sylvia Wardwell, Secretary, John Allen, David Webb, Michael Rossney, Jim Wood, Alternate.
Also present: Charles Wiggins, Danny Weed, Peter Atherton, Emma Kelly, Paul Lavoie, Fred Marston, CEO Duane Ford, Jon & Jane Thomas, Sue & Spencer Allen, Nelson Grindal, Paul Trowbridge, Steve Tobey, Assistant to the Selectmen Barbara Grindle.
Chairman Little opened the meeting at 7 pm.
1) Map 9, Lot 6 – Emma Kelly of Richardson & Associate, Landscape Architects and caretaker Paul Lavoie presented an application and explained the plans for a large number of changes in the Pressman property. Changes will include a new driveway loop, a new house, removal of a pole barn and a porch around the existing cottage and landscaping. The application was accepted for review and passed to the CEO for inspection. A fee of $205 ($200 for a large development and $5 for a building notification) will be forthcoming.
2) Map 2, Lot 35 – Sue & Spencer Allen will be adding a gift shop, bathrooms and an enclosed eating area to the Tashfer drive in at the mini golf area. Abutters were notified, and because there was no response from any of them, the planning board waived a public hearing. Voted 4-0 with John Allen abstaining to issue a permit. A fee of $25 was paid.
3) Map 7, Lot 2-7 – Blueberry Commons, formerly Ridgeway Subdivision – DEP has required a change of lot numbering, counting the common lot as a lot. The subdivision now has 12 lots plus the 1 common lot. The planning board voted to accept the changes and signed the maps.
4) Several residents complained that the Selectmen have not been aggressive in pursuing the court decision regarding the Patten/4Winds case. Chairman Little reread the first paragraph of Judge Cuddy’s decision, and reiterated that the Planning Board and the Appeals Board are not able to do anything since the Judge upheld their decisions. The matter is in the hands of the Selectmen.
5) At the end of the discussions, Chairman Little presented his resignation, effective immediately, ending his 16 years of service on the board. He was given a rising vote of thanks for that service. He stated that he could not go public with his opinions while on the Board, but he can do so after his resignation becomes effective.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:20 pm.
After the meeting, Board member David Webb presented his resignation effective March 31, 2012. He has been on the board for more than 40 years. Alternate Jim Wood will be presenting his resignation for health reasons shortly. All planning board members are appointed for 3 year terms by the selectmen on April 1. Little and Wood’s terms would be up in April of 2012, Webb’s term would have been up in April 2013.
Barbara Grindle, Assistant to the Selectmen