Town of Sedgwick Maine
November 25, 2008 Tuesday 3:30PM
Selectmen present: Nelson Grindal, Bill Jagger and Tom O'Connor. Other participants: Selectman’s assistant Barbara Grindle and Clerk/Treasurer Cindy Reilly.
- Approved the minutes of the November 20, 2008 selectmen’s meeting.
- Voted 3 to 0 to approve orders that set January 13, 2009, at 6PM as the public hearing date for the regional school unit proposal. Also set January 27, 2009 as the date for the referendum vote on the new school unit.
- Selectmen set January 13, 2009 at 5PM as the date for a special town meeting to consider two items. One, to approve the Joint Exercise of Powers Agreement, between the towns of Sedgwick and Brooksville. The agreement will govern the development and operation of the Towns’ Landing on Walker Pond. The second article will ask voters to approve $15,000 (to be taken from surplus) to pursue creation of the public access to the pond.
- Approved the treasurer’s warrant (#22) in the amount of $151,448.09. $120,663.99 of that amount is for school expenses.
- Due to the Thanksgiving holiday there will be no meeting on Thursday November 27, 2008.
The meeting was adjourned at 5:05PM.