TOWN OF SEDGWICK
September 24, 2009
The meeting was opened at 6:30 pm by Selectman Grindal. Present were: Selectmen Nelson Grindal, Bill Jagger, and Victor Smith, Treasurer Cindy Reilly, Assistant Barbara Grindle, Road Commissioner Paul Carter and Snow Contractor Andy Gray.
1) Minutes of the last meeting were read and accepted.
2) Road Commissioner was in to discuss road business, especially new driveway culverts. Persons putting new driveways should consult with him on the size and length of the culvert to be installed before putting one in. Generally, they should be 30 feet long with a 15 inch opening.
3) Snow Contractor was in to talk with the selectmen. He is willing to work on the proposed skating rink as a donation to the town. He is conferring with the Road Commissioner and Selectman Jagger about widening a corner on the Christy Ridge Road for the snowplow. He also discussed finances and purchase of a new sander for one of his trucks. The selectmen voted to give him an early payment of $10,000 to purchase equipment (his payments usually begin in mid October).
4) Selectman Jagger to follow up on support letters for a grant to repair and upgrade the Town Landing. If anyone using the Landing wishes to write a letter of support, it would be appreciated. Send it to the Town Office, PO Box 40, Sedgwick, ME 04676, attn landing grant.
5) Signed the Treasurer’s Warrant for $3,562.86.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 8:15 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman