Town of Sedgwick Maine
June 28, 2007 Thursday
Selectmen present: Chairman, Nelson Grindal and Tom O'Connor. Other participants: Planning board chair Palmer Little, Town house event coordinator, Linda Long, Selectmen’s assistant Barbara Grindle and Town Clerk Cindy Reilly.
- Approved the minutes of the June 26, 2007 selectmen’s meeting.
- Approved the treasurer’s warrant (#51 from June 21, 2007) in the amount of $2,811.20.
- Approved the treasurer’s warrant (#52) in the amount of $53,805.79. $50,328.40 of that amount was for school expenses.
- Mr. Little reported that after consulting with the town attorney concerning the Larson’s appeal of the planning board’s decision concerning their permit, another planning board meeting will be required.
- Linda Long reported that she has been contacted concerning grant money being available through the community development block grant program. The money, if awarded, would be used to construct a building in back of the historic town house. The building would be heated and contain kitchen and bathroom facilities. $150,000 is available for the project and the town would be required to contribute 25% or $37,500 of that amount.
Tom O'Connor Third Selectman