https://sedgwickmaine.org/2016/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sedgwick-logo-2.png 0 0 town https://sedgwickmaine.org/2016/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sedgwick-logo-2.png town2007-06-19 12:47:202015-11-02 15:43:45Selectmen’s Minutes, Thurs., Jun. 14, 2007
Selectmen’s Minutes, Thurs., Jun. 14, 2007
Town of Sedgwick Maine
June 14, 2007 6:30PM
Selectmen present: Nelson Grindal, Bill Jagger and Tom O'Connor. Other participants: Mr. Peter Bevin of Maine Coast Mail, Palmer Little, Eric Allen, John Allen of the planning board and planning board of appeals. Selectmen’s assistant Barbara Grindle.
- Approved the minutes of the June 12, 2007 selectmen’s meeting.
- Selectmen appointed Linda Long as the event coordinator for activities at the Town House.
- Palmer Little presented selectmen with a letter requesting another hearing on a recent decision by the planning board of appeals concerning the Larson cottage on Walker Pond. Discussions concerning the best course of action for the town will require involving the town’s attorney.
- Peter Bevin is attempting to obtain a grant from the state to construct a tower on Ridge Rd. The tower will provide high speed internet access to residents in North and West Sedgwick. Mr. Bevin is seeking assistance from the town in obtaining the grant. Numerous residents have contacted selectmen requesting high speed internet service in town.
- Reviewed and approved the treasurer’s warrant (#50) in the amount of $70,726.52. $67,386.39 if that amount was for school expenses.
- Selectmen approved an advertisement seeking bids for replacement windows for the town office.
- Selectmen approved waiving a tree growth penalty for the heirs of Conrad Rupert and the heirs agreed to withdraw an abatement for taxes they have been paying over the years which were billed in error.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:30PM
Tom O'Connor Third Selectman