Town of Sedgwick Maine
December 14, 2006
Selectmen present: Chairman, Nelson Grindal, Charlie Wiggins and Tom O'Connor. Other participants: Budget committee members, Steve Toby and Bill Donnell. Assessor Roger Peppard, Adm. Asst. Barbara Grindle, Tax Collector Belinda Pert and Town Clerk Cindy Reilly.
- Approved the minutes of the December 12, 2006 selectmen’s meeting.
- Roger Peppard has completed the Town’s reevaluation and presented selectmen with the completed documents. As expected the town’s valuation has increased in response to rising property values. As a result of this increased value it appears that the mill rate will likely be cut in half. The next step in the process is for Mr. Peppard to send letters to all taxpayers with their new evaluation and set dates if they wish to discuss the new value. Those letters will go out after the first of the year and he is planning two different dates to accommodate summer residents who might not be able to make the first session.
- Selectmen and Budget committee members went through the preliminary administration budget and discussed the request of donations which are still coming in. The current total is over $30,000 in requests for funding.Approved abatement (#192) in the amount of $24.74, for Bill Donnell, for personal property he no longer owns.
- Selectmen voted 3 to 0 to raise the salary of the code enforcement officer to $3,000. This is an increase of $500 and is due to the increasing complexity of the job and the increased time requirements
- Approved the warrant (#24) in the amount of $1,063,535.35. Of that amount $900,000 was the authorization for short term investment of tax revenues and $148,707.02 was for school expenses.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:20PM. Respectfully submitted,
Tom O'Connor, Third Selectman