TOWN OF SEDGWICK
September 16, 2010
Selectmen present: Nelson Grindal, Colby Pert, Victor Smith
Also present: Treasurer Cindy Reilly, Tax Collector Belinda Pert, Assistant Barbara Grindle, Road Commissioner Paul Carter, Packet Reporter Bette Britt, John and Nicole Gray
1) Minutes of the last meeting read and accepted.
2) Signed the Treasurer’s Warrant for $93,204.30; $68,318.61 for the school, $$15,900 for the Ridge Road firehouse roof, and $7,383 for roads.
3) Particulars for the bidding for cutting and chipping of the road to Walker Pond were written up for insertion in the newspapers.
4) The motion was made and accepted by the selectmen that the town keep $7,500 of the Efficiency Maine grant for weatherization of the Town Office and $2,000 be allotted for the wind power study.
5) John and Nicole Gray presented a petition for a moratorium ordinance on wind towers signed by 64 residents.
6) The motion was made and accepted for a public hearing on October 7 regarding the ordinance. The Town Clerk was instructed to order ballots for the voting on the moratorium to be held at the November 2 elections. The public hearing will be held at the Town House at 7 pm on October 7, 2010.
7) The Town Clerk/Treasurer will be out of town from September 30 to October 11.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:30pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman