TOWN OF SEDGWICK
October 29, 2009
First Selectman Grindal opened the meeting at 6:45pm. Present were Selectmen Grindal and Smith. Selectman Jagger arrived at 7 pm. Also present were Paul Trowbridge, Treasurer Cindy Reilly and Assistant Barbara Grindle.
1) Minutes of the last meeting were read and approved.
2) Mr Trowbridge explained the wind tower project that Peninsular Power wishes to develop. They are asking for support to get a grant to do the introductory steps toward a project on Caterpillar Hill. Questions were asked by the selectmen and approval to go ahead with the application for the grant was given.
3) Notice of Intent papers and maps were signed by the Selectmen for the Walker Pond road. Dates were discussed for a town meeting to get approval for the damages due the landowners. The Town Meeting will be at 6 pm Thursday, Nov. 19 at the Town House. The Selectmen’s regular Thursday night meeting will be held as soon as voting is completed. Cindy will put a notice in the newspaper, Nelson will post copies at ECS and at the site, and Barbara will post copies at the Town Office. Copies may be seen at the Office during office hours.
4) Four building notification applications were signed by the selectmen and copies given to the CEO.
5) Signed the warrant for $10,1774.20. $78,429.67 was for the school and $2,258 was for more salt for the winter roads.
6) Cindy reported that there is one more payment on the fire substation due in 2010.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:30 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman