Selectmen’s Minutes, November 3, 2011
TOWN OF SEDGWICK
November 3, 2011
Selectmen present: Neil Davis, Colby Pert, Victor Smith
Also present: Treasurer Cindy Reilly, Tax Collector Belinda Pert, Assistant Barbara Grindle
1) Read and approved the minutes of the last meeting.
2) Signed the Treasurer’s warrant for $247,602.12; $$120,228.46 for the school, $85,573.18 to Lane Construction for tarring, and $26,587 for town meeting approved donations.
3) Fish release at Walker Pond. Among those present were state biologist Greg Burr, Warden Brian Tripp, Packet reporter Jon Thomas, busloads from the Brooksville school with 4 teachers and 2 ed techs, former selectman Nelson Grindal, Selectmen Neil Davis, Darrell Fowler, Victor Smith and Channel 5 news. Released were 650 12-14 inch brown trout. There will be more fish released later this month.
4) Selectmen’s meeting will be changed from Thursday, November 24, to Tuesday, November 22, in honor of Thanksgiving Day.
5) The Walker Pond Stewardship Initiative Committee is working with the schools in Sedgwick and Brooksville to use the Walker Pond property for educational purposes.
6) 125 tons of salt has been delivered to the Ridge Road sand pile.
7) Paper work to establish the mortgage release deed for the Walker Pond access has been completed and delivered to the lawyer.
8) We need one volunteer for the Marine Resources Committee (aka the Harbor Committee), and also one volunteer for the Budget Committee to fill the committees.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:30 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman