TOWN OF SEDGWICK
May 27, 2010
Selectmen present: Nelson Grindal, Colby Pert, Victor Smith
Also present: CEO Duane Ford, Paul Trowbridge, Assistant Barbara Grindle
1) Minutes of the last meeting read and accepted.
2) Treasurer’s Warrant signed for $96,247.01, with $65,905.10 for the school.
3) There were no members of the public here for the public hearing on the closing of a portion of the Pertville/Polker Valley Road for winter maintenance for a period not to exceed ten (10) years. Selectmen voted to accept the closing and present it for the residents of the town at a special town meeting to be held at the Town Office on June 10, 2010 at 6 pm.
4) A resident was in to make arrangements to pay past due taxes. He will be given a contract next week.
5) The grant for the work on the Town Landing was approved and signed by the selectmen. CEO is going to Augusta and will take it to the proper office since it needs to be there before 4 pm on Tuesday, June 1, and Monday, May 31 is a holiday.
6) CEO presented a letter that he has sent to Attorney Goodall referencing the Patten/4 Winds repair of Twister, Squall and the Director’s Cabin.
7) CEO also suggested an article to put in the town meeting warrant giving the selectmen permission to set fees to cover expenses of the CEO, Planning Board, etc. when doing their duties. The Planning Board and the Appeals Board are both made up of volunteer members of the town.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:20 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman