https://sedgwickmaine.org/2016/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sedgwick-logo-2.png 0 0 town https://sedgwickmaine.org/2016/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sedgwick-logo-2.png town2013-05-20 12:57:552015-11-02 15:43:05Selectmen’s Minutes, May 16, 2013
TOWN OF SEDGWICK
May 9, 2013
Selectmen present: Neil Davis, Nelson Grindal, Victor Smith
Also present: CEO Edward Michaels, Reporter Bette Britt, Road Commissioner Paul Carter, Duane Ford, Tax Collector Belinda Pert, Treasurer Cindy Reilly, Assistant Barbara Grindle
1) Minutes of the last meeting read and approved.
2) Signed the treasurer’s warrant for $12,691.32; $263.52 for flags for veterans graves, $485 for assessors agent, $300 for two sludge disposals.
3) Will meet on the 21st of May at 11:30 am with the Brooklin selectmen to discuss the town lines in the Benjamin River.
4) Signed one quit claim deed.
5) Voted 3-0 to enter executive session at 6:30 pm to discuss the CEO position. Returned at 6:40 pm and the motion was made and seconded not to appoint Edward Michaels to the CEO position because he has prior commitments and will not be able to do the job. The vote was 3-0 not to re-appoint. Former CEO Duane Ford was appointed to the position and Michaels was appointed deputy CEO. Town Clerk Cindy Reilly swore both men in to their positions.
6) Road Commissioner Carter discussed tarring town roads. Tar from the Main Street intersection up Christy Hill Road to South Cross Road will be approximately $68,000. The rest of the tarring budget will be expended on the Old County Road to repair the damaged spots, with that road scheduled to be tarred next summer.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman