TOWN OF SEDGWICK
June 7, 2012
Selectmen present: Neil Davis, Colby Pert, Victor Smith
Also present: Tax Collector Belinda Pert, Treasurer Cindy Reilly, CEO Duane Ford, Assistant Barbara Grindle, Steve Tobey, Fred Marston.
1) Read and approved minutes of the last meeting.
2) Signed Treasurer’s warrant for $102,436.99; $66,868.56 was tarring the South Cross Road, $24,907.25 was the quarterly payment to the Transfer Station.
3) Voted 3-0 to allow the treasurer to make out checks and sign them in advance of the Selectmen’s signature on the warrant for the year 2012. All payments still must be approved by the selectmen before being sent.
4) HOME has asked the selectmen if the town can make separate tax bills for each homeowner in Covenant Way. HOME owns the land that the homes sit on, but does not own the homes. Each homeowner is responsible for their own taxes, and these are separated by the town. HOME receives a tax bill for the land. This was turned over to the assessing agent for review.
5) Marston and Tobey wanted an update on Patten/4 Winds. There is a great deal of controversy over what is legally allowed and also the advice being given to the selectmen.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:20 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman