https://sedgwickmaine.org/2016/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sedgwick-logo-2.png 0 0 town https://sedgwickmaine.org/2016/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sedgwick-logo-2.png town2013-07-01 19:06:052015-11-02 15:43:05Selectmen's Minutes, June 28, 2013
TOWN OF SEDGWICK
June 27, 2013
Selectmen present: Neil Davis, Nelson Grindal, Victor Smith
Also present: Tax Collector Belinda Pert, Planning Board Chairman John Allen, Assistant Barbara Grindle
1) Minutes of the last meeting read and approved.
2) Signed treasurer’s warrant for $76,834.17; $69,920.84 for education, $614.62 for workman’s compensation, 3rd quarter, $116.48 for new road signs.
3) Two residents to pick up concealed weapons permits.
4) Met in executive session with the lawyer representing the town in the Patten/4 Winds case Monday at 6 pm for an informational meeting regarding the case. Returned from executive session Thursday evening and the motion was made and seconded for the lawyer, the three selectmen and the code enforcement officer to enter into mediation on this case. The vote was 3-0 in favor of mediation.
5) John Allen, Chairman of the Planning Board, informed the selectmen that Steve Astbury has resigned from the Board and he needs another person to replace him.
6) Dr. Wilgram’s hearing with the Hancock County Commissioners regarding the assessment of his property on Walker Pond has been reinstated for Friday, June 28 at 9 am at the Commission’s office in Ellsworth. Davis, Grindal, Diane O’Connell, representing the town, and Matt Caldwell, the town’s assessing agent, will attend the meeting.
7) Motion made and seconded to set the mil rate for taxes at .01025, giving an overlay of $28,897.52. Voted 3-0 in favor. The overlay is used to pay abatements on taxes as approved at town meeting. Any money not used for abatements will revert to surplus. The current rate is .01005, making an increase of 20 cents per $1,000 in valuation.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:25 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman