Selectmen’s Minutes, June 28, 2012
TOWN OF SEDGWICK
June 28, 2012
Selectmen present: Neil Davis, Colby Pert, Victor Smith
Also present: Tax Collector Belinda Pert, Assistant Barbara Grindle, Road Commissioner Paul Carter, several residents of the Carter Point area.
1) Read and accepted the minutes of the last meeting.
2) Signed the Treasurer’s warrant for $89,034.50. $29,978.75 for the Walker Pond Access road payment, $53,340.29 for education.
3) Philip McCarthy claims that he owns the roads adjacent to his Carter Point property on Alder Land. He claims that there have been boulders put on the road. Selectmen will consult the town lawyer as to town rights on the road. Voted 3-0 to the consultation.
4) Voted 3-0 on a change order for M.E.Astbury on the Walker Pond Access road.
5) Voted 3-0 on the tax rate calculation for commitment of the 2013 taxes and signed the papers for the tax collector. There will be a nearly 2 mil increase in taxes for the coming year.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:05 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman