Selectmen’s Minutes, June 23, 2022
TOWN OF SEDGWICK
June 23, 2022
Opened the meeting and declared a quorum present. Selectmen present: Ben Astbury, Colby Pert, Michael Sheahan. Also present: Clerk/treasurer Cindy Reilly, CEO Duane Ford, Darrell Astbury, Assistant Barbara Grindle (by phone Jerry Wetterskog).
There being no errors or omissions in the records of the last meeting, moved, seconded and voted 3-0 to accept them as written.
Reviewed and signed the treasurer’s warrant for $185,539.49: education $173,115.72; administration $1,681.34; fire protection $3,826.24; general assistance $339; clearing; Overpay $30, m/v 5/17-5/24 $5,255.94, 6/16-6/23 $1,296.25.
CEO REPORT: a taxpayer needs a home address and a BNF for a storage shed, a potential buyer would like to make a wedding venue – would need planning board approval; septic and well going in at Walker Pond, using a drilled well, not lake water; questions regarding solar power regulations from Surry, (need to follow ordinance), sent a copy of a permit to the town attorney and DEP for work done without a building notification form (BNF).
DISCUSSION ITEMS: 1) Town Meeting Recap – Meeting went well, but was not really well attended. Hope to go back to the traditional March meeting in 2023.
2) Pat Egan’s Lawn Damage – Email from Pat saying work has been done.
3) Mill Rate – Met with assessing agent Wednesday and discussed the mill rate and decided on a rate of .01345, an approximate increase of $30 per $1,000. The increase is mainly due to the school budget, which was increased by about $80,000.
4) Building Notification Letter – Pert suggested inserting a letter explaining the Building Notification Form and the necessity of getting one when planning any work. A fine of up to $100 per day is possible if not in possession of one.
5) Snow Contract – Received a letter from the town attorney with suggestions regarding the snow contractor, and the next snow contract. Astbury will communicate with the current snow contractor.
6) Any Unresolved Business – a) a crosswalk has been painted and signs up at Strong Brewery on the Rope Ferry Road; Selectmen will check with town attorney and MMA as to the town’s liability and see what the regulations from DOT are. Will keep Strongs and neighbors informed.
ACTION ITEMS: 1) Mill Rate – Moved, seconded and voted 3-0 to set the mill rate for 2022-23 at .01345 per thousand.
2) Snow Contract – Moved, seconded and voted 3-0 to notify snow contractor of termination of his contract.
ADJOURN: There being no further business, moved seconded and voted 3-0 to adjourn the meeting at 6:38 p.m.
Barbara Grindle, Assistant