https://sedgwickmaine.org/2016/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sedgwick-logo-2.png 0 0 town https://sedgwickmaine.org/2016/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sedgwick-logo-2.png town2013-06-21 13:03:392015-11-02 15:43:05Selectmen’s Minutes, June 13, 2013
Selectmen’s Minutes, June 13, 2013
TOWN OF SEDGWICK
June. 13, 2013
Selectmen present: Neil Davis, Nelson Grindal
Also present: CEO Duane Ford, Tax Collector Belinda Pert, Treasurer Cindy Reilly, Fire Chief David Carter, Assistant Barbara Grindle.
1) Read and approved the minutes from last week.
2) Signed the treasurer’s warrant for $125,045.23; $118,336.21 was for education, $650 for general assistance.
3) Carter reported on the fire at Sedgwick Storage. It was an expensive fire, but with the help of mutual aid from as far away as Bucksport and Orland, Stonington and Deer Isle, the fire was contained to just one large building. Thanks of the Sedgwick Fire Department and the townspeople go out to all of the departments taking part in the firefight and those covering for them. (Note: If a department goes out of town to help fight a fire, there has to be manpower or another department covering their town.)
4) Discussed an address issue with Carter, in his capacity as 911 officer. He will check to see if there is a problem with the address given, and give another address if necessary.
5) CEO reported on the Planning Board meeting held last Tuesday. Also reported on the Patten case where the town lawyer would like to start mediation proceedings by next month.
6) The Hancock County Commissioners case with Dr. Wilgram has been postponed again.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:40 pm.
Barbara Grindle, Assistant to the Selectmen