TOWN OF SEDGWICK
June 10, 2010
Selectmen present: Colby Pert, Victor Smith
Also present: Clare Grindal, Road Commissioner Paul Carter, Treasurer Cindy Reilly, Tax Collector Belinda Pert, Fire Chief David Carter, Assistant Barbara Grindle.
1) Minutes of the last meeting read and accepted.
2) Signed the treasurer’s warrant for $57,921.87. $51,654.66 was for the school, $617.50 for election expenses.
3) A resident was in to discuss taxes.
4) Bids were opened for the shingling of the Ridge Road Fire Station. The bid was awarded to Jaffray Contracting for $15,900. The job is to be completed by September 1, 2010.
5) Voted to pay for brush cutting and chipping on the corner of South Cross Road and Christy Hill Road.
6) We need a joint meeting with Brooksville and the attorney regarding the road to Walker Pond.
7) Roy Grindle was hired to mow the lawns of the Town Office and the Town House. Many thanks go to the Lawn Ranger, aka Ed Pert, for the excellent job he has done in the past.
8) The Public Access Committee will be meeting with the Selectmen next week to discuss the 10 accesses owned by the town. They met Tuesday, June 8, toured several of the accesses and will give a report on their findings.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:10 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman