https://sedgwickmaine.org/2016/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sedgwick-logo-2.png 0 0 town https://sedgwickmaine.org/2016/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sedgwick-logo-2.png town2013-02-08 11:50:372015-11-02 15:43:05Selectmen’s Minutes, January 31, 2013
TOWN OF SEDGWICK
January 31, 2013
Selectmen present: Neil Davis, Colby Pert, Victor Smith
Also present: Superintendent Mark Jenkins, Principal Don Buckingham, School Board members Susan Ford, Clare Grindal, Ashley Pesek, Michael Sheahan, Mr & Mrs Schneider, Reporter Bette Britt, CEO Edward Michaels, Budget Committee Steve Tobey, Paul Trowbridge, Horace Wardwell, Fire Chief David Carter, Treasurer Cindy Reilly, Assistant Barbara Grindle
1) Read and approved the minutes of the last meeting.
2) Signed the treasurer’s warrant for $11,011.62; including $1,907.88 for another load of salt, $1,277.37 for abatements, and $4,891.70 for salaries.
3) Two persons in for concealed weapons permit applications.
4) Superintendent Jenkins had a graph presentation comparing school costs for the past 10 years. He suggested several ways to combine buying power between the schools and hopes to put some of them in place during the coming year, thus reducing the school expenses a little at a time.
5) RJD, the assessing company employed by the town, presented a proposal for upgrading the assessments. Some properties are mis-assessed for various reasons, including some buildings that have not done building notifications, thereby not are being assessed, or being assessed incorrectly. The financing for this upgrade will be coming out of surplus, with any not used to be put back into surplus. Voted 3-0 to take the money from surplus.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:40 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman