Selectmen’s Minutes, December 15, 2011
TOWN OF SEDGWICK
December 15, 2011
Selectmen present: Neil Davis, Colby Pert, Victor Smith
Also present: Jon and Jane Thomas from the Weekly Packet, Fire Chief David Carter, Treasurer Cindy Reilly, Tax Collector Belinda Pert, Assistant Barbara Grindle
1) Read and accepted the minutes of last meeting.
2) Signed the Treasurer’s warrant for $72,981.18; education counted for $70,953.10 of that amount.
3) Pert made a motion and it was seconded that original documents concerning town matters from the selectmen, planning board, and all other town committees should never leave the office. Copies may be made for public use. The vote was 3-0.
4) Voted to ask Danny Weed to replace Jim Wood as alternate on the Planning Board. Weed would have to be replaced on the Appeals Board if he accepts the Planning Board position.
5) Superintendent Webster reported that the school budget should be done by Jan. 19 for the budget committee and the selectmen to view.
6) Chief Carter said that unless something comes up unexpectedly the fire department budget should be the same as last year. He recommended that more money be raised for the fire equipment reserve account for a truck that will be needed by 2018.
7) The budget committee will meet on Jan. 5, the selectmen will be meeting Monday, Dec. 19 to start work on the budget.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:40 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman