TOWN OF SEDGWICK
April 29, 2010
Selectmen present: Nelson Grindal, Colby Pert, Victor Smith
Others present: Planning Board Chairman Palmer Little, Treasurer Cindy Reilly, Tax Collector Belinda Pert, Assistant Barbara Grindle, Paul Trowbridge.
1) Minutes of the last meeting read and approved.
2) Signed Treasurers warrant for $90,452.33, education $86,702.89.
3) Planning Board Chairman has heard through the CEO that the Patten/4 Winds group want to go to the Planning Board for a different permit for their property on Walker Pond. This project has gone through the planning board and the board of appeals and the superior court has upheld the decisions made by both boards. It is now in the hands of a Supreme Court judge. Selectmen were in agreement that no action will be taken until the lawsuit has been through the complete process.
4) Paul Trowbridge presented the selectmen with a possible change of location for the Peninsula Power test tower. It may be changed from the top of Caterpillar Hill to the Frost Pond area. There would be no homes in the new area. We need to have a written permit from the owner of the Frost Pond property regarding the land and the right of way involved.
5) Discussed abating taxes for a resident. Checking out legal issues regarding the process.
6) MMA has sent word complimenting Fire Chief Carter for organizing and training emergency scene traffic control and we have a copy on record.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:45 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman