TOWN OF SEDGWICK
April 28, 2011
Selectmen present: Neil Davis, Colby Pert, Victor Smith
Also present: Aaron Grindal, Animal Control Officer Deborah Ciomei, Road Commissioner Paul Carter, Treasurer Cindy Reilly, Tax Collector Belinda Pert, Assistant Barbara Grindle.
1) Minutes of the last meeting read and accepted.
2) Signed the Treasurer’s warrant for $65,213.29; $63,327.17 was for education.
3) Voted 3-0 to give an easement for utility poles along the stonewall at the sand pile pending all other parties do the same.
4) Dr. DeSilvey wishes to build a stone wall beside the road fronting his property on Christy Hill. Assistant will research the width of the road to see if it is possible.
5) Road Commissioner feels we need a DEP Permit by Rule for rip rap on the Shore Road Access. When they are down here for the Walker Pond viewing, he would like to them to check on the necessity.
6) The Animal Control Officer was in to request a place to hold animals for 2-3 days rather than taking them to the shelter. She would like to have a 2-3 pen and shelter area for animals that she feels that belong to someone that has just lost an animal and will call to see if it has been found. We have to pay the shelter per animal, per night and if they are there for a length of time, they are put to sleep.
7) There was some discussion on the snow contracts.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:35 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman