Selectmen’s Meeting, May 19, 2022



May19, 2022


Opened the meeting and declared a quorum present.  Selectmen present: Ben Astbury, Colby Pert (by phone Michael Sheahan).  Also present:  CEO Duane Ford, Clerk/treasurer Cindy Reilly, Susan Ford, Jerry Wetterskog, Philip Robinson (by phone Assistant Barbara Grindle).

There being a rephrase correction, moved, seconded and voted to approve the minutes as amended.

CEO REPORT:   Checked on demolition of a garage on Stumpy Cove, permit ok from last year for the new shed; Porcupine Lane double wide being replaced with house, already have a BNF; NRPA permit for Walker Pond property, will revisit and check on float for a permit; plumbing not completed for Strong Brewing; questions re septic for a property on Fox Lane, also questions regarding permits, etc. for a tiny home.

DISCUSSION WITH ROBINSON, APPROVED OUT OF ORDER.  Robinson was asking about the status of a lot owned by the heirs, map 6, lot 41.  He is an abutter. It is town property because it has been foreclosed on several times, but finding the heirs has been a problem.  He was given permission to locate the pins to find the boundaries.  The town may need to decide what to do with the land; possibly put it up for bid.

DISCUSSION ITEMS:  )1 Audit Status Update – the Audit has been sent electronically for review by the select board and the treasurer.  They will check the warrant for any changes before sending to the printer.  Will review and set a date for the annual town meeting next week.

2)  Audit Policy –  Astbury emailed a copy of the draft policy to the selectmen.  It lays out who is responsible to contact the auditors regarding start of the audit.  They will look it over and take it up next week.  The draft has been approved by the town attorney.

3)  Community Resilience Partnership – The Planning Board agreed to work with the partnership and requested community volunteers to assist with the issue of climate change, grant funding and other issues.  Jerry Wetterskog, Sarah O’Malley and Kate Tompkins volunteered to be on the committee to work with the Partnership and Planning Board.

4)  ACO Compensation – Astbury contacted the interim ACO and he is willing to continue until someone is found to do the job.  He would like to receive a stipend plus mileage.  Will discuss it further next week; last year it was voted to pay a stipend instead of hourly plus mileage.

5) Roadside Cleanup Report –  Sheahan reported a good showing of volunteers to pick up garbage along Route 15.  DOT picked up the garbage bags and transported them to the transfer station.  There was a problem when someone threw firecrackers at the volunteers out of the window of a truck going by.  Many thanks go out to the volunteers and DOT for their help.

6) Any Unresolved Business – a) Cindy will check with Jay Peterson regarding placement of the sign and have him contact Sheahan about where to put it and how to attach it.

b)  The GSA Budget Review committee has not yet met with GSA but they have no line by line accounting yet.  The committee also asked for a copy of last year’s budget for reference.  GSA  doesn’t expect to be ready for the committee until October.

c)  A Ridge Road resident complained about her across-the-street neighbor’s sewage running under the culvert and by her home.  Sheahan checked it, took a sample of the water, and there found no effluent, nor was there any smell.  He will visit the resident tomorrow and talk with her, but she should probably have her water tested by the DEP.  CEO also found no sewage.

d) No sign of the no parking signs yet.

ADJOURN:  There being no further business, moved, seconded and voted 3-0 to adjourn the meeting at 7:10 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Barbara Grindle, Assistant