Selectmen’s Meeting, March 15, 2018

March 15, 2018

Opened the meeting and declared a quorum present. Selectmen present: Ben Astbury, Bob Publicover, Michael Sheahan. Also present: Brian Van Emmerick, CEO Duane Ford, Assistant Barbara Grindle.

Read and moved, seconded and voted to approve the minutes as written.

Reviewed and signed the treasurer’s warrant for March 8 and March 15 for a total of $95,879.16; school expense $50,606.13, town office $149.74, Fire department $1,370.32, administration $10,790.52 ($9111.75 for the town audit), sludge $54.00, general assistance $3,081.44, transfer station payment $26,367.50, and town records $1,500.

NEW BUSINESS: Thanks to Deanne Grimmig for moderating the town meeting on Saturday, also many thanks to the ballot clerks and warden for putting in the many hours at the voting booths on Friday.
Bob Publicover was welcomed as the new selectman. Welcome to the Board, Bob.
Elected Ben Astbury to continue as chairman of the board for the incoming year.
Accepted Bob Publicover’s resignation from the Planning Board, which was dated March 1, effective immediately. Looking for someone to replace him as an alternate on the Planning Board.
Dr. Van Emmerick asked about the final audit, which has not been received yet. He would like a copy when it does come. Suggested that perhaps town meeting should be changed so numbers would be available. He also asked about the digitalizing of the town records. They have not been done and many of the records have been rebound. His workers would like to discuss the scanning with the Board.
Discussed several ways and deadlines for next years’ town meeting to lessen the last minute stress.
Suggestion made about a straw poll questionnaire regarding changing the date of town meeting, and where to have it – at the school or back to the Town House. Perhaps during the elections in the fall would be a time to have more participation in the poll when more people are out to vote.

OLD BUSINESS: The final inspection of the new fire truck will be the 19th of March. Several firefighters will be leaving Sunday to inspect the truck.
Discussed a date for the special town meeting to approve financing for the remainder of the purchase of the truck. When the final bill comes in, the amount to be borrowed will be known and will need to be authorized by the town.
HCPC has determined that the salt bid from last year will be the same price next year. If we are happy with the price, we can stay with them. Assistant to call snow contractor to see if he is happy with the salt.

CEO REPORT: Will coordinate with Town Clerk to get a certified copy of the Shoreland Zoning Ordinance and get it on the website. There are a couple of trees at the Carter Point Access that are hanging over the road, Astbury to take care of them. Waiting for town attorney to respond regarding town dock access. Otherwise doing paperwork.

ADJOURN: There being no further business, moved, seconded and voted 3-0 to adjourn at 8:45 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,
Barbara Grindle, Assistant