TOWN OF SEDGWICK
June 9, 2022
Opened the meeting and declared a quorum. Selectmen present: Ben Astbury, Colby Pert (by phone Michael Sheahan). Also present: Clerk/treasurer Cindy Reilly, CEO Duane Ford, Assistant Barbara Grindle, Berwyn Peasley Jr, Maureen Tillotson (by phone Christine diPretoro).
There being no errors or omissions in the records of the last meeting, moved, seconded and voted 3-0 to accept them as written.
Reviewed and signed the treasurer’s warrant for $144,916.57: education $136,842.05; administration $5,381.86; fire protection $555; town office $130; town dock $150; general assistance 586.41; town house $40; clearing/mv $1,231.25.
CEO REPORT: Discussed a Black Pond issue with Peasley, decided to consult town attorney and see what compromise is possible; DEP asked for information regarding a Carter Point boathouse that had been an issue, attorneys were consulted and no further information has been received, he has recused himself from it because he is a neighbor; road commissioner is dealing with DEP in several places in town; there is a problem with a driveway on the lower corner of Means Hill.
DISCUSSION ITEMS: 1) Harbor Committee – no one here from the committee, they have papers to get together for the selectboard.
2) Maura Tillotson – Would like permission to borrow 10 chairs for a memorial service on 7/16. Permission was given.
3) Salt Bid – The bid from the state was $74.95/T; Astbury will see if Harcross will come up with a competitive price.
4) ACO Advertisement – Approved the wording and decided to place it on the MMA site, the town website, and mailchimp.
5) Borrego Agreement – Agreed to sign the agreement with Borrego and the agreement for electricity for the town. Moved, seconded and voted 3-0.
6) Power Purchase Agreement – Sheahan has looked into a separate solar project that would save money as well. Will research more.
7) Unresolved Business – Decided to go to Viking or EBS and purchase 6 posts and bolts to put up the no parking signs on Rope Ferry Road.
Reminders: an upcoming executive session, election Tuesday at the Town House from 8 am – 8 p.m., can pick up the town reports next week in time for the Annual Town Meeting on Saturday, June 18, 9 a.m. at the Town House.
ADJOURN: There being no further business, moved, seconded and voted 3-0 to adjourn the meeting at 7:41 p.m.
Barbara Grindle, Assistant