TOWN OF SEDGWICK
April 26, 2012
Selectmen present: Neil Davis, Colby Pert, Victor Smith
Also present: Arthur Anderson, Jim Schatz, Tax Collector Belinda Pert, Treasurer Cindy Reilly, Assistant Barbara Grindle
1) Minutes of the last meeting read and accepted.
2) Signed the treasurer’s warrant for $30,396.15, which included payments to Webb Excavating for $11,428.58 and Paul Carter for $13,070.13 and $345.60 for flags for the veteran graves.
3) Anderson was in to get approval to move a trailer. A certificate was given to him by the tax collector with approval from the selectmen.
4) Schatz made a presentation and explanation about the Penobscot Nursing Home and DHHS situation. Selectmen voted 3-0 to support the towns of Blue Hill and Penobscot in looking for a way to avoid the closing of the facility or time to see what other options may be found. The selectmen of the area towns want the court and DHHS to realize that their actions will affect the area in a very substantial way.
5) A taxpayer has been obnoxious and abusive to the office staff and has also sent an unsecured check in payment of his taxes. The bounced check will be reported to the Sheriff’s Department.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:20 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman