Selectmen’s Meeting, April 18, 2019

April 18, 2019

Opened the meeting and established a quorum present. Selectmen present: Ben Astbury, Bob Publicover, Michael Sheahan. Also present: John Higgins, Clerk/treasurer Cindy Reilly, CEO Frank Tracy, Assistant Barbara Grindle.

Read the minutes and made some minor changes. Moved, seconded and voted 3-0 to approve the minutes of the last meeting with corrections.

Reviewed and signed the treasurer’s warrant for $118,692.22; school $113,450.03, sludge $180, plumbing $100, clearing, M/V $4,203, fees $115, administration $153.39, Emera for streetlights, town office, town house, fire protection $456.68.

CEO REPORT: Helping to get permits together for assessors spring work. Strong Brewing has decided not to do the food truck, but another person has inquired about one. She was advised to get the information from the state on licensing and permitting. Attended the Planning Board meeting, suggested that the CEO not come in unless there is something that he needs to advise them on. CEO will check the agenda with the chairman of the planning board.

DISCUSSION ITEMS: Trio receipting process: TRIO WEB will not be available until the fall. We will need the receipting program before tax season. We should be able to purchase it after the first of the fiscal year (July 1).
The weight limit signs from Hales Hill Road have been removed and stored.
Foreclosure process: Discuss the possibility of an article for town meeting.
RJD quote: Astbury will talk with assessing agent when he comes in Wednesday about doing a market survey soon.
ACO home enclosure: MMA Legal Services advised that the ACO check his homeowners insurance because if the animal is at his hours it is not a town liability. SAC contract says that animals must be brought in during business hours.
Meeting at Walker Pond Outlet: Committee waiting for information from the engineers. Must prioritize the maintenance schedule, need a fence for keeping people safe, a dam, parking. Also need to talk with Brooksville about what needs to be done. We don’t want to overdo the work and the finances.
Posters for the roadside cleaning are going up.
Benjamin River Bridge: will be done by May 15 even if they have to work on Sunday.
Moved seconded and voted 3-0 to sign the Amusement Permit for Strong Brewing. Sheahan will deliver the permit.
Discussed clam digging and the possibility of an ordinance.
Astbury will attend the transfer station meeting. Sheahan will attend the school board meeting.

ASSISTANT’S REPORT: Discussion on the General Assistance audit and the required paperwork. Possibly set a day per week for appointments for applications.

ADJOURN: There being no further business, moved, seconded and voted 2-0 (Publicover had to leave during the meeting) to adjourn the meeting at 7:55 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,
Barbara Grindle, Assistant