TOWN OF SEDGWICK
June 9, 2011
Selectmen present: Neil Davis, Colby Pert, Victor Smith
Also present: Road Commissioner Paul Carter, Tax Collector Belinda Pert, Treasurer Cindy Reilly, Assistant Barbara Grindle
1) Read and approved the minutes of the last meeting.
2) Signed the Treasurer’s warrant for $140,0523.39 of which $132,873.87 was for the school.
3) Met with the Brooksville selectmen for the regular monthly Walker Pond meeting. This meeting featured the opening of the bids for the road to the shore. Notes from the meeting included:
1) TJW Field & Forest from Sedgwick won the contract
for clearing the access. Vote 6-0. M.E. Astbury won the
contracts for erosion control and construction of the
temporary road. Vote 6-0.
2) Decided to get the property into a Forest Management Program as soon as possible. Vote 6-0.
3) All persons not working on the property must call
Andrew McCullough for access before inspecting the site.
4) Finances of the Walker Pond road account:
TJW Field & Forest LLC bid $ 11,840
M. E. Astbury & Son, Inc. bid $ 156,500
Andrew McCullough estimate $ 6,000
Contingency $ 7,750
Total $ 183,750
divide by 2 (Brooksville & Sedgwick) $ 91,875
Balance in Walker Pond Account $ 65,300
Balance to raise at special town meeting $ 26,570
5) Approved the nine articles for the Special Town Meeting to be held June 23 at the Town House at 6:30 pm. Town Clerk Cindy Reilly to post the articles for public notice. Voted 3-0.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:30 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman