http://sedgwickmaine.org/2016/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sedgwick-logo-2.png 0 0 town http://sedgwickmaine.org/2016/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sedgwick-logo-2.png town2013-08-02 14:24:472015-11-02 15:43:04Selectmen's Minutes, July 25, 2013
TOWN OF SEDGWICK
July 25, 2013
Selectmen present: Neil Davis, Nelson Grindal, Victor Smith
Also present: Arthur Anderson, Packet Reporter Bette Britt, CEO Duane Ford, Assistant Barbara Grindle
1) Minutes of the last meeting read and approved.
2) Signed treasurer’s warrant for $47,387.34; school costs were $43,465.78.
3) Anderson still interested in his old home. Selectmen explained that he needs to get a deed from his son.
4) CEO received a call from the lawyer handling the Patten case. An inspection and mediation date has been set up.
5) A new building notification permit is being studied.
6) Fees for concealed weapons permits will be increased to cover costs. Smith moved to approved, Davis seconded, voted 3 -0 to increase a renewal from $25 to $45 and a new permit from $35 to $55. Photo identification and some kind of training will be required before issuance.
7) Grindal is having Hancock County Planning Commission make up a map showing land use.
8) Grindal is working with the County Commissioners for a grant for the Town Dock.
9) The Office Repair account is $4,528 and the repairs to the basement drainage are estimated to be $8,000 – $10,000. The bathroom in the selectmen’s office needs to be finished. The Town Office bathrooms are the only public bathrooms in the Town of Sedgwick and they are not adequate for public use, including no hot water for washing hands.
10) The town owns the Elliot Thompson property in West Sedgwick and Elliot wished for the town to use it to benefit the town. There are about 100 acres in this lot. Suggestions will be accepted at the town office by anyone with ideas of how the town can use this land.
11) The blind spot at the 4 corners has been taken care of by the state as they clean the sides of the road, hopefully in preparation for working on the road.
12) CEO and assistant to work on making permit preparation and use more efficient.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:10 pm.
Victor smith, 3rd Selectman