TOWN OF SEDGWICK
June 30, 2009
Selectmen present: Nelson Grindal, Bill Jagger, Victor Smith
Also present: Colby Pert, Barbara Grindle
1) Talked with Colby regarding some issues that he was concerned about. 1) The town is not supposed to plow private driveways because there no liability coverage on our insurance policy for them. 2) The mixture of salt and sand needs to be better to clear the winter roads. 3) The road on Pertville has been closed for winter maintenance.
1) The selectmen do not contract to clear private driveways unless they are used for turnarounds for the snow plows. Discussed plowing the Sis Porter road with Blue Hill because there is only one residence on the Blue Hill side of the town line and the road from Blue Hill is closed. 2) The snow contractor and the selectmen have discussed the salt/sand mixture and there will be more salt in the mix for the coming winter. The salt will also be coming at the same time as the sand so they will mix better. 3) If there is a resident on the end of the Pertville road it has to be maintained for them at least to their driveway.
2) It was moved and seconded to sign the tax commitment with an .0087 mill rate.
3) The first commitment for salt has been signed and will be ordered.
4) It was also moved and seconded that Town attorney Patterson move on with the appraisal of the Walker Pond road and to expedite the process as much as possible.
5) Accepted the resignation of Victor Smith from the Planning Board. Mr. Smith was elected 3nd Selectman at the June 26 election.
6) Voted to ask Tobey Woodward to mow the fields around the Town Office and also the old dumpsite.
7) Asked Barbara to get in touch with Debbie Ciomei to come in to talk with them about possibly becoming assistant animal control officer.
Adjourned at 5:30 pm.
Barbara Grindle, Assistant