Selectmen’s Minutes, Thurs., Feb. 7, 2008
Town of Sedgwick Maine
February 7, 2008 Thursday 6:30PM
Selectmen present: Nelson Grindal, Bill Jagger and Tom O'Connor. Other participants: Selectmen’s Assistant, Barbara Grindle,, Town Clerk/Treasurer, Cindy Reilly, and Budget committee members; Steve Toby, Horace Wardwell, Bill Donnell and Paul Trowbridge.
- Approved the minutes of the February 5, 2008 selectmen’s minutes.
2. Selectmen voted 3 to 0 to set March 14, 2008 as the date for the school budget referendum. In accordance with the new school consolidation law, a separate vote must be held within 10 days of the budget being approved at town meeting.
- Budget committee members and selectmen discussed last minute changes to the 08/09 town budget.
- Approved the treasurer’s warrant (#32) in the amount of $155,031.26. $129,208.55 of that amount was for school expenses.
- Selectmen approved abatement for Jon and Sandra Woodward in the amount of $636.23. The abatement was recommended by the town’s assessing agent after a review of the property.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:00PM
Tom O'Connor Third Selectman