https://sedgwickmaine.org/2016/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sedgwick-logo-2.png 0 0 town https://sedgwickmaine.org/2016/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sedgwick-logo-2.png town2013-05-23 18:31:012015-11-02 15:43:05Selectmen's Minutes, May 6, 2013
TOWN OF SEDGWICK
May 16, 2013
Selectmen present: Neil Davis, Nelson Grindal, Victor Smith
Also present: Tax Collector Belinda Pert, Town Clerk/Treasurer Cindy Reilly, Assistant Barbara Grindle
1) Read and approved the minutes of the last meeting.
2) Signed the treasurer’s warrant for $95,381.53; $89,357.19 was for education, $2,470 was to the local cemetery associations for maintenance of veterans graves. Note: the local cemeteries are run and managed by associations. The town is required by federal law to provide a flag and $10 for maintenance for each veteran’s grave. If you have a veteran buried in Sedgwick who does not have a flag, please contact the town office with the name and location of the grave.
3) There was no Planning Board meeting last Tuesday and there were citizens present to present plans for an addition.
4) The Selectmen’s meeting scheduled for July 4 will be held on July 1 instead. Assistant will make sure the change is posted in the newspaper.
5) A citizen was in to try to straighten out tax problems on a deceased relative’s property.
6) Selectmen signed the contract with RJD Appraisers for the reappraisal of the town properties which was approved at the March town meeting.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman