TOWN OF SEDGWICK
May 6, 2010
Selectmen present: Nelson Grindal, Colby Pert, Victor Smith
Also present: Road Commissioner Paul Carter, Planning Board Chairman Palmer Little, CEO Duane Ford, Fred Marston, Treasurer Cindy Reilly, Assistant Barbara Grindle.
1) Minutes of the last meeting read and approved.
2) Signed the Treasurer’s warrant of $17,253.32; $2,460 was for maintenance of veterans graves. ($322.56 previously spent for flags)
3) Road Commissioner discussed tarring of the Old County Road.
4) Frank Peasley has applied for an oyster aquaculture permit north of Bears Head on the Bagaduce River.
5) Application to be made out for the Salt/Sand Shed. This is a ‘shovel ready’ project.
6) Nelson will do the specs for the Fire Department roofing job.
7) Putting a hold on the block grant until more information is gathered about the location of the anemometer.
8) Victor will contact Bill Jagger for information on the Small Harbor grant that he was working on.
9) The selectmen decided not to be responsible for burning the Snow’s Cove Cemetery.
10) The Patten/4 Winds group now want to repair the building from the original state and then to upgrade all plumbing and wiring. CEO will write a letter to our attorney about discussing the new proposal only with the selectmen’s agreement.
11) There will be a special election at the Town Office on May 27 at 6 pm regarding closing the Pertville/Polka Valley road to winter maintenance.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:15 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman