TOWN OF SEDGWICK
May 13, 2010
Selectmen present: Nelson Grindal, Colby Pert, Victor Smith
Also present: Treasurer Cindy Reilly, Assistant Barbara Grindle, 3 representatives from Premium Choice Broadband, Jeff Allen and Michael Rossney from Peninsula Chamber of Commerce.
1) Minutes of the last meeting read and accepted.
2) Signed the treasurer’s warrant for $58,160.55; $52,227.81 was for education.
3) Reviewed and signed the letter to be sent to Attorney Patterson regarding our stand on the Patten/4 Winds proposal for the cabins on Walker Pond.
4) Signed foreclosure notices.
5) Mr Varney from Premium Choice Broadband gave a presentation and answered questions about high speed internet in Sedgwick. They have towers in several places in the area and can cover 90 plus percent of Sedgwick.
6) Jeff Allen and Michael Rossney made a presentation for the Peninsula Chamber of Commerce. Selectmen will take membership into consideration.
7) The special town meeting regarding the closing of Pertville/Polka Valley road cannot be held the same time as the public hearing for it. The public hearing will be held on May 27, the town meeting will be held later.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:45 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman