Selectmen’s Minutes, March 15, 2012
TOWN OF SEDGWICK
March 15, 2012
Selectmen present: Neil Davis, Colby Pert, Victor Smith
Also present: Fred Marston, Pam Johnson, Charlie Wiggins, Michael Rossney, Nelson Grindal, Packet reporter Bette Britt, CEO Duane Ford, Tax Collector Belinda Pert, Treasurer Cindy Reilly, Assistant Barbara Grindle
1) Read and accepted the minutes of the last meeting.
2) Signed the Treasurer’s warrant for $10,088.15; winter road salt was $4649.54.
3) Discussion continued on the possible violations in the Patten/4 Winds case. They would like to have a time frame of what is being done. The waterfront is a great concern as is the fact the work is being done without permits and against the court decision that upheld denials by both the planning board and the appeals board.
4) Grindal had some questions on the public landings. A) He has contacted Bangor Hydro about moving a pole at the Salt Pond access and it is now up to the selectmen to talk with the landowner at the head of the access road to get deeds written and recorded. B) There needs to be a meeting between representatives of the town and landowners for a right-of-way at the Mill Pond access. C) He has been given the go-ahead to get a Silvermine access surveyed.
5) Rossney asked about the PACE-Efficiency Maine ordinance that was tabled at the Town Meeting. Several towns in the area have joined the low-income loan program, but the understanding is that the town has to pass the ordinance in order for residents to use the program. Selectmen will check with area towns to see what paperwork is involved for the town.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:10 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman